Between the rain and spring break, we were still able to do some pretty cool things.
- In April, our annual Iron Chef Competition took place. This year’s competition did not disappoint. It came down to the Ricks vs. the Cobras…with the Titans split between the two teams. It all went down at Ockanickon and this year’s secret ingredient was Pringles. The Ricks were hoping for a repeat, but the Cobras showed some finesse in the dessert round. Get the details here.
- In May, our annual flag retirement ceremony took place at Lebanon’s Holjes-Sheppard Park, we retired dozens of flags. The park is named after two Troop 200 Scouts who were killed in action during Vietnam. This year, New 12 NJ came and interviewed two of our Scout’s for the evening news. Read about it here.
- Also in May, two Troop 200 members were inducted into the Order of the Arrow, Ajapeu Lodge 2 after attending an Order of the Arrow Ordeal weekend at Ockanickon Scout Reservation in Pipersville, PA. Andrew Bozzi and Justin Verlin were elected by their troop peers to join scouting’s National Honor Society. You can read more about it here.
- At the end of May we joined Pack 190 at their end-of-the-year camp out at RVYC. We ran a First Aid station and showed the Cubs some first aid tips and techniques.
- We held a few Merit Badge Mondays where we worked on the Personal Fitness, Citizenship of the Nation and Citizenship of the Community Merit Badges. We also worked on finishing up a few partials before our Spring Court of Honor.