Join Troop 200 & let the adventure begin
Troop 200 was founded in 1955. And for nearly 65 years we’ve developed today’s boys into tomorrow’s leaders while making a difference in our local community and the world.
We are committed to staying true to the boy-led concept, and offer growth opportunities unlike any other area youth organization. Led by the Patrol Leader’s Council – a group of Scouts elected by the troop – these boys make virtually all decisions about how the troop is run and what trips/events to take. We can’t think of any other organization that teaches practical application of leadership skills (and life skills).
Give your son a valuable gift by encouraging him to join Boy Scouting today. The time you invest in him today will make a difference in the person he becomes tomorrow.
The trips and events selected by the boys are something special. Troop 200 scouts have:
- Hiked portions the Appalachian Trail in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Hiked 10+ miles through historic Jockey Hollow and visited nearby Washington’s HQ.
- Visited the 9-11 Memorial and Ground Zero before taking an urban hike through lower Manhattan.
- Spent a week at summer camp in places like: Resica Falls (Pocono Mountains) and Camp Powhatan in southwestern Virginia.
- Hosted a Veterans Day round table where three local WWII veterans shared their stories.
- Attended the 24th World Scout Jamboree at Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve in West Virginia.
- Visited the Nike Atlas and Hercules Missile launch facilities near Sandy Hook.
- Tested their outdoor cooking skills at an Iron Chef competition.
- Retired worn American flags at our annual flag retirement ceremony.
- Toured the US Naval Academy in Annapolis and the US Military Academy at West Point (camping nearby).
- Attended the West Point and NJSP Camporees, camped at the beach in Wildwood at Beach Jam, hiked through Gettysburg, visited Washington DC, attended the Klondike Derby and so much more…
If that’s not enough, we look for bigger challenges for those older Scouts willing to do more. Troop 200 has:
- Spent a week sailing through the Bahamas at Seabase in the Bahamas.
- Lived for a week on sailboats at the Florida Keys (Sea Base High Adventure).
- Provided scouts the opportunity to earn the Triple Crown, awarded to scouts who have participated in high adventure programs at three of the four National High Adventure Bases operated by the Boy Scouts of America.
- Backpacked through Philmont High Adventure camp.
Since 1955, ninety scouts from Troop 200 have earned the prestigious Eagle Scout rank after completing service projects for our community. From our very first Eagle – Robert ‘Shep’ Sheppard in 1965, to our most recent Eagle, Zachary Majorossy, it has been a privileged to watch them develop the leadership skills needed to earn this rank.
Troop 200 meets weekly (September thru June) on Monday nights at Immaculate Conception Church in Annandale, NJ. Meetings start at 7:30 pm. If you have questions, contact us at Troop200NJ@gmail.com or check out our social media accounts on Facebook and Instagram to get a sense of what it’s like to be a Troop 200 Scout.
Adventure is waiting…join us!